Last Updated: Friday, July 21, 2000
District Guidelines below, see Page Content Guidelines
The Stratford Saxes Page, by A. Galinato
The Sounds of Stratford Trumpet Web Page,
by D. White
The purpose of this project is to help the band be more interactive through the web, by
means of making their own web site. A section may choose their site to be
competitive, that is, to make sure their web page is better than another or others.
Any section is eligible, and the page must conform to the guidelines below.
Please note that these guidelines can change, and the entire project can be terminated
at any time, because it has not been approved by the school or Mr. Haynes yet. Also
note that making the web page is entirely up to the section and should be treated
as a second priority. I do not want to be responsible for lost time that
should be spent practicing marching or playing. I encourage you to do this during
- Signup- a section that decides to participate must have a considerable
amount of members of that section that knows about the project. A person who decides
not be part of it may have his/her name removed from the page. (more on a naming system
- After having the "go" from the section, the section will sign up via the Sounds of Stratford
(http://members.xoom.com/stratfordband). Head to this page (section_project.htm) and
use the Signup form near the bottom of the page. There will then be a replying email
message from me to notify me when the page is ready. The rest is up to your section.
- Making the page- each section is responsible for learning how to make a
page and putting it up on the Internet. Each section is also responsible for
selecting a host for the page (such as Xoom.com).
- As a trumpet, and author if this site, I will not be an active participant in the
making of the trumpet page, if they choose to sign up.
- Page Content- the section's page may consist of anything of anything
about the section or the band in general, and may do so by using graphics, schedules,
events, polls, etc.
- Each page must have a link (graphical or text) to the Sounds
of Stratford, and I will have a link back.
- Updating- it is recommended, but not required, that your site is
updated regularly. Keeping up with the times and events of the band's contests or
successes may be beneficial to your site.
- End of the year- it may be the case in your section that a Senior is
head of the web page. It is up to the Senior to hand the web page over or to start a
new one. If authority does pass over, please do not forget the usernames and
passwords for any security or hosts that is used in maintaining the web page (such as FTP
Page Content Guidelines:
- Naming system- all names of people in the band must be in this format:
F. Last. Only the first name is initialed, and the last name following. This does not apply to adults (band boosters).
- Pictures- pictures may be used in web pages, but when they are pictures
of people of the band, it must be taken at a distance or angle so that the faces are not
recognizable or seen.
- Email addresses- only email addresses of the webmaster is permitted.
This is for protection purposes.
- Phone numbers- phone numbers are not permitted at all, even for an
online phone tree. Keep phone tree numbers only available to your section.